Fund Development & Communications Coordinator
Fund Development & Communications Coordinator
Full-time (35 hrs/week)
Reports to: Executive Director
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph (BBBSG) it is our collective mission to promote the healthy development of the children and youth of our communities through a variety of quality mentoring programs. We seek to put children and youth on a path to lifelong success and change the trajectories of their lives in positive ways. We are committed to the recruitment of volunteers dedicated to upholding the values and principles of the agency and to those we serve.
BBBSG is seeking an experienced and results-oriented individual to add to its Fund Development team. You are a strong communicator and collaborator who works closely with BBBSG’s staff, volunteers and its Board of Directors to successfully execute fundraising and communications plans.
The Fund Development & Communications Coordinator is responsible for executing fundraising efforts, including, but not limited to: corporate and community partnerships, individual donations, major fundraising events, direct mail programs, major gifts, and third party fundraising. Duties also include successfully developing and nurturing corporate and community partners and elevating the profile of the agency in the community, as well as being responsible for agency communications, marketing, media and public relations functions as necessary.
- Collaborate with fund development staff to develop the annual Fund Development Plan and budgets in conjunction with the Event Committees, Executive Director, and Board of Directors
- Develop and annually review the agency’s Corporate Partnership Plan
- Plan and execute the agency’s annual fundraising events
- Collaborate with individual event chairpersons, and act as a consultant and resource for designated fundraising projects
- Ensure all fundraising/public relations activities adhere to federal and provincial privacy legislation and adhere to agency’s privacy policies and practices
- Promote fundraising events through the creation of printed and digital marketing materials; ensure that artwork is prepared and printing is completed, as required, for each project
- Design, write and conduct annual direct mail campaigns
- Develop and grow the monthly giving program to increase long-term sustainable funding
- Assist in the recruitment, training and management of volunteers for fundraising projects
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop the annual Communications Plan.
- Promote and enhance the image of the agency in the community with the objective of advancing fundraising efforts and recruiting new agency volunteers when required
- Create engaging and effective content for all agency social media platforms
- Establish and maintain an effective and consistent liaison with the local media; this includes arranging public speakers when required, who may attend radio interviews and coordinate media releases within established agency guidelines
- Monitor and track all public and media relations activity
Other Related Duties
- Ensure timely completion of committee minutes, annual reports, statistics, and budgets
- Attend meetings as directed by the Executive Director
- Provide day to day guidance, training and direction as outlined by the Executive Director to volunteers, placement students and new staff during training
- Remain aware of federal & provincial legislation and the agency’s privacy policies & practices
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in fund development & communications
- Relevant degree(s) in fundraising, event management, marketing, communications and/or public relations
- Successful track record in the development and execution of fundraising programs and in the development and stewardship of donors/sponsors
- Excellent social, interpersonal and leadership skills, public speaking and writing ability
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Familiarity with WordPress content management system
- Familiarity with donor management software
- Ability to think strategically, communicate effectively and foster teamwork
- Ability to develop and maintain a high level of strategic partnerships
- Advanced problem solving ability
- Ability to build organizational capacity
- Personal effectiveness, including interpersonal sensitivity and leadership presence
- Well-honed organizational and time management skills
For more information about our agency, please visit our website at www.bbbsg.ca. Please forward your resume and cover letter no later than May 18, 2018 to the attention of Michael Treadgold, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavour to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
We thank everyone for their resume; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.