Fund Development Assistant (Summer Student – Summer Experience Program)
Fund Development Assistant (Summer Student)
Start Date: Monday, July 16, 2018
End Date: Friday, August 31, 2018
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour, 30 hours per week
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph (BBBSG) it is our collective mission to promote the healthy development of the children and youth of our communities through a variety of quality mentoring programs. We seek to put children and youth on a path to lifelong success and change the trajectories of their lives in positive ways. We are committed to the recruitment of volunteers dedicated to upholding the values and principles of the agency and to those we serve.
Reporting to the Fund Development Coordinator and Executive Director, the Fund Development Assistant will be responsible for the tasks including:
- Assist in planning, execution and evaluation of BBBSG’s Little Change for Big Change Campaign
- Will Need to Secure Business to participate in this summer fundraiser (Stores will have the option of Point-of-Sale, Coin Boxes or our Tag Days)
- Assist with Volunteer Recruitment, Volunteer Training and Volunteer Event Day Management for Tag Days
- Provide support with community relations/promotions
- Assist with Social Media Promotion
- Solicit Phone Calls
- Office tasks such as photocopying and data entry
Note: This job will require some evening work leading up to Tag Days and weekend work on August 11th and 12th and August 18th and 19th.
- Post-secondary student (or mature secondary student), with focus on Marketing, Volunteer Management or Project Coordination and preferably with some experience
- Strong computer skills: word processing, email and Internet systems, working in a MS Office environment; experience with graphic design considered an asset
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and assume responsibility with minimal supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Interest and knowledge of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph
- Resourceful, creative and detail oriented
- Excellent telephone manner and speaking voice
- Experience working with social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Have access to a vehicle
This position is funded by the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration through the Summer Experience Program. As such, the applicant must be: between 15 and 24 years of age at the start of employment; a student currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution, or within six months of graduation; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and; legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
For more information about our agency, please visit our website at www.bbbsg.ca. Apply with resume and cover letter by 5 pm on Tuesday, June 26th to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title in the subject line. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavour to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
We thank everyone for their resume; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.